“Small rooms or dwellings set the mind on the right path, large ones cause it to go astray.”
– Leonardo da Vinci
— Small Housing BC (@SmallHousing) February 23, 2013
There is a lot of talk currently regarding the design and approval process for construction of lane way houses in Vancouver.
We are compiling an on-going list of articles on the subject. Here is a start. Feel free to comment, reply or contact us with notice of anything you find that is of interest on the subject.
- City of Vancouver: City of Vancouver proposed amendments to the laneway housing guidelines (PDF)
- Vancouver Sun: Vancouver hopes to tackle parking problems, privacy concerns related to laneway homes
- City of Vancouver: Laneway Houses & Secondary Suites
- Metro News: Builders optimistic as Vancouver’s laneway housing rules face overhaul
- News 1130: Proposed changes to laneway homes being rolled out this week
- Vancouver Sun: Vancouver looks to expand laneway housing program: Proposal is to allow program in all single-family zones
- News 1130: Vancouver boasts record year for laneway housing permits: The 350 approved in 2012, way up from 2009-11 average of 146
- Vancouver Courier: Laneway homes now at 500 in city: City hall has issued 800 permits since 2009